Saturday, July 17, 2010

Best Exit Strategy Response « 10,000 Startup Hours – David Cummings

Best Exit Strategy Response « 10,000 Startup Hours – David Cummings



July 16, 2010 by David Cummings Leave a Comment

People like to ask entrepreneurs “what’s your exit strategy” as a nice conversation question. In fact, I like to ask it to get a gauge for an entrepreneur’s approach to the business. An exit strategy is simply what someone wants to do with the business when/if they are done with it. A typical exit strategy would be to get bought out by a larger, complementary company or to go public with an IPO (rare these days).

My preferred exit strategy response is neither of the above. Here’s my favorite exit strategy response:

My goal is to build the coolest, most innovative and profitable company I can. If an acquirer comes along I will consider it, but I’m focused on making something that is built to last.

I believe that building a sustainable, enduring company is the highest form of entrepreneurship.

Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)

* Strategy Change for Small Ecommerce Business
* The Seed Stage Entrepreneur’s Sales Assistant
* Sales Training Workshop Topics

Filed under Entrepreneurship

About David Cummings
Software entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment