Sunday, November 15, 2009

As a Business Owner, Do I Need an Exit Plan?

If you are to successfully exit your business, you need to be able to answer "yes" to each one of the following questions:

1. Do I know the date I want to depart?
2. Do I know the income I will need to ensure financial security?
3. Do I know who I want to run the business after I exit?
4. Do I know how much my business is worth?
5. Do I know how to increase the value of my business through enhancing its most valuable asset - the employees?
6. Do I know how to sell my business to a third-party to maximize my cash and minimize my tax liability and risk?
7. Do I know how to transfer my business to family members, co-owners or employees while minimizing taxes and maximizing financial security?
8. Have I taken steps necessary to ensure the business continues if I don't?
9. Have I planned for my families security if I become incapacitated or cannot continue?

If you answered no to one or more of these questions, call me at 239.405.8818 or email me at eric@bluechipbizsolutions.com and let's talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment