Thursday, March 27, 2014

Now Is The Time To Start Your Exit Plan

Last week, I addressed a group of 50 business owners on exit planning. The first question I was asked is one I almost always get from owners, “When should I start the process of exit planning?” I gave the questioner the standard, “It depends” answer. Each owner and business has unique needs and goals to take into consideration. Regardless of each owner’s situation, let me offer a probable timeline and checklist for beginning the exit planning process. Now is really when the process should start, but this checklist will help narrow the scope a bit.

At Least 10 Years – To truly leverage the opportunities available to owners, exit planning should start years in advance.

SAVE TAXES: Ideally, a business owner who has converted from C Corp to S Corp filing status should wait at least 10 years before selling.

Read more at:
Now Is The Time To Start Your Exit Plan:

For additional information regarding Florida business sales, acquisitions and valuations, please contact Eric J. Gall at info@buysellflbiz.com or 239.738.6227. Also, visit our Florida Business Exchange website at www.fbxbrokers.com and my personal website at www.buysellflbiz.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment