Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Should I Sell My Business For Installments, Or Should I Take The Money And Run?

A phone call I finished had me shaking my head. In sum, a widow has ownership of her recently deceased husband’s retail service business, and there are buyers making offers for the company. She is knowledgeable about her husband’s industry and feels the offers are reasonable; in fact, they may even be high considering the deteriorating nature of the business’s location. The offers assume a lump sum buyout, but the widow and her advisor are considering countering with terms for an installment buyout. The reason: taxes. As the facts were being laid out for me, all I could think of was the title to a song by The Steve Miller Band: “Take the Money and Run.” Still, the advisor’s question was a good one: Should she sell for a lump sum or negotiate an installment sale?

Read more at:
Should I Sell My Business For Installments, Or Should I Take The Money And Run?: "

For additional information regarding Florida business sales, acquisitions and valuations, please contact Eric J. Gall at info@buysellflbiz.com or 239.738.6227. Also, visit our Florida Business Exchange website at www.fbxbrokers.com and my personal website at www.buysellflbiz.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment