Saturday, July 13, 2013

How (not) to sell a business

"It’s been a year since my Dad died and he taught me everything I know about business. One of my first memories is going to the printing factory he owned one Saturday morning and sitting and drawing while he worked.

So I thought I’d use this post to tell you about how I came to run and sell the family publishing business.

About a year and a half ago, Dad was told he only had 12 to 18 months to live. (He got eight, the only time he ever under-achieved in his life.) Just after we found out, he rang to see if I was free for lunch. It was during the lunch he asked if I’d buy the business. Immediately and without thinking I said yes. It’s pretty hard to say no to your Dad in that situation."

Read more at:

How (not) to sell a business:

For additional information regarding Florida business sales, acquisitions and valuations, please contact Eric J. Gall at info@buysellflbiz.com or 239.738.6227. Also, visit our Florida Business Exchange website at www.fbxbrokers.com and my personal website at www.buysellflbiz.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment